This is my gift to you, yep, it’s a freebie.
- Finished block measures 6″
Mrs Martin’s Tip
For cutting tips please refer to Block 1
- Block A: 2 x 1 1/4″ x 3 1/8″ rectangles
- Block C 1 x 2 3/8″ square, crosscut to make 2 triangles
- Block D: 1 x 4 1/4″ square, crosscut to make 4 triangles, and guess what, you’re only going to use one!
- Block F: 3 x 1 5/8″x 3 1/2″ rectangles
- Block G: 2 x 1 1/2″ x 3 1/8″ rectangles
- Block I: 2 x 1 1/2″ x 2″ rectangles
- Block B: 1 x 1 1/4″
- Block E: 1 x 2″ x 5 3/4″ , this one is a little different, you are cutting at a 45degree angle, I just used my ruler to do the first one, then l flipped the shape over to the wrong side and used the triangle l cut off the other end as the template. Thats called maths for dummies, l just invented and easier way for me. Thought it might help others. Kxx
- Block H: 1 x 1 1/2″ x 3 1/8th rectangles
- Block J: 1 x 1 1/2″ x 2″
Making the Block, refer to the pic
You might notice something a little different with tonights block. I cut out all the pieces, placed them where they should go and thought, “That looks complicated!”, so l have marked each block with a letter. If this works for you let me know, l might do it from now on. Here goes…..
- Refer to the pattern pic to create the 5 rows. Note, the bottom row has 2 parts to it, part 1: G+H+G , part 2I+J+I, once these are joined add F to the bottom
- Please note, this has been the hardest one to write instructions for, if you have any questions, ask away.