This is my gift to you, yep, it’s a freebie.
- Finished block measures 6″
Mrs Martin’s Tip
For cutting tips please refer to Block 1
Always check the pic to make sure l have told you to join the right squares together. If l have made a mistake, please let me know, in my mind l am a genius, however in reality l am only human.
The spools face 2 ways, up and down to across, hence the 2 pics, make each pic twice.
- A: 2 x 2″” squares,
- B: 4 x 1 5/8″ squares, cross cut once to make 2 triangles, you will need 8 triangles.
- D: 4 x 1 1/4″ x 2″ rectangles
- C: 8 x 1 5/8″ square, cross cut to get 16 triangles
- E: 8 x 1 1/4″ x 2″ rectangles
- F: 4 x 1 5/8″ squares, cross cut each square to get 8 triangles
- G: 4 x 1 1/4″ x 2″
- H: 2 x 2″ squares
Making the Block, refer to the pic
Sew B and C triangles together to make squares , you need 8 squares
Sew C and F triangles together to make squares, you will need 8 squares
Create 4 blocks as follows
Spool 1: B/C + E + C/B, D + A + D, B/C + E + C/B, repeat to make your 2nd spool
Spool 2: C/F + G + F/C, E + H + E, C/F + G + F/C, repeat to make your 2nd spool.